Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Set Fire to the Rain : Day Six

Day 06 – Your day

I woke up half an hour earlier than usual today, and attempted to do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I learned that I'm nowhere near coordinated enough to attempt compound movements before I've had my morning coffee. It was a struggle to make it though, but I did.

I woke Aiden up around 6:20, and even though the last medicine I had given him was at 7 pm the night before, he wasn't running a fever.

I showered, we both got dressed, I packed my lunch and we were out the door. I dropped Aiden off at his before school program right at 7 when their doors opened, and I headed to work. I clocked in at 7:05 (it was COLD out this morning!)

I changed into the hospital green scrubs, and went to work breaking down the skids. All of our supplies are shipped in daily on pallets, or skids, each in a labeled tote or box to whichever designated floor or unit it was ordered for.

I made my nice and neat stacks, apologized to coworkers for missing yesterday and the miscommunication that went along with it. After I was done unloading pallets, I stacked the wooden skids on top of each other, and I loaded up my first trip to my floors, which was and usually is ICU. I didn't have much that was ordered, but I ran my reports and pulled several things from our stat room that also needed to go upstairs.

I issued these things out on the computer, and I waited for Tancy to come in. She and I usually take breakfast between 8:30 and 9, but today I was set to have an interview in my department for a Coordinator position.

Unfortunately at around 8:20 I got a phone call from the school nurse at Aiden's school. She told me that because he had been diagnosed with the flu, he HAD to be out of school until he had been fever free for AT LEAST 24 hours. She asked me to please pick him up. So I left work, and picked Aiden up from school. We made a trip to wal-mart to get various supplies, and to check out a couple of movies from the Red Box.

We came home, and have pretty much been sitting on the couch the rest of the day. We both took a nap around noon, watched some television, read a couple of books. We ate left-over pizza for dinner, and now he's watching television while I type this up. When I'm finished, he'll be on his way to bed.

Luckily he doesn't have school tomorrow or friday, but he does have the after school program, which runs all day long. He's been feeling fine all day, and even his cough has dissipated. I understand them not wanting him to be at school, but at the same time, he's better. Not that I'm going to complain about an extra day off work, but I can't really afford it, either.

Here's to a full day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment