Monday, April 11, 2011

Where were you when everything was falling apart?


Over this last week I have been able to find great solace in meditation.  It's such a strange concept for me because I don't really know what I'm doing, and I don't feel as though I'm getting myself closer to God.  What I do feel, is that I'm getting closer to myself.

For five or ten minutes a day, I sit on my bed, close my eyes, and try to focus on nothing but my own breathing and my heartbeat.  I attempt to clear my head of all things, the good and the bad.  There are times when I'm able to feel the chambers of my heart pumping inside my body, feel my own rhythm and my own life force.  It sounds so strange to put it into terms like that.

Normally these five to ten minutes pass so quickly that I wonder where all of the time went, yet at the same time I feel so connected to the inner workings of Me that I feel as though they lasted much longer.

If nothing else happens in my day, I know that for a few short minutes that I have been able to turn inward to myself and find some small answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment