Monday, March 7, 2011

The heart of a woman will never be found in the arms of a man : Day Twenty-Four

I had one of the most incredible weekends.  Friday night Aiden and I spent with my good friend L and her daughter for her birthday.  We danced to Michael Jackson on the Wii, ate until our pants were too tight, and drank beer.  Saturday I spent in my pajamas cleaning the apartment during the day, and spent the evening with good friends eating and drinking again.  Sunday I got an hour long workout in, made mexican chili, and opened an email that has the potential to change and destroy my son's life and sense of self.

I can't go into detail about what all of this pertains to, not yet, not here in this public of a forum.  All I can tell you is that I am heart broken for my son.  That my breakup with B pales in comparison to the hurt I feel now.  That this is what finally woke me up and made me realize what is really important in my life, and it's not mourning over a silly boy, it's about raising one.

So I apologize for being absent.  I will hopefully finish up these 30 days before the start of April!

Day 24 – Something that makes you cry

Would it be pathetic to say almost everything?  Because that's about the truth.  There are very few television series that I have not cried at, even the comedies.  Most movies, even songs.  Miley Cyrus (who I HATE with a fiery passion)'s song "The Climb" can bring on sobbing so severe that I've had to pull the car over because I can't see to drive.  Taylor Swift's new song "Back to December" will illicit much the same response.  There are songs that I held in high regard in high school that will still make me cry when they come up in random play on my iPod.  This is seriously inconvenient when I'm trying to be all hot and sweaty in the gym.

The movie Forrest Gump.  I cry so hard I can't breathe, never fails.

Seeing photos of Aiden as a baby.  It seems like just yesterday, but such a long time ago, all at once.

Seeing photos of myself as a teenager, for the same reason.

Drinking tequila.  I spill all of my dirty little secrets and will cry all over you.

Hardships of friends, hurt of friends, pain to friends.  I wear my friends as my second skin.

I also have this one eyebrow that every time I pluck it, it brings tears to my eyes.

1 comment: