Thursday, March 3, 2011

Carry on my wayward son : Day Twenty-three


Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better

I love to get lost in stories.  Movies, Television, Books.  Any story that isn't my own.  I love love stories, and mysteries, and science fiction.  I love drama and suspense.  I watch television and movies to escape.  I love T.V. and I'm not ashamed to admit that.  I love the people and the lives, however unreal they may be.

I love books.  I fell in love with books a very long time ago, probably before I was even able to read most of the words in them.  I love to hold them, and to smell them, and of course to read them.  I read books like I used to smoke my cigarettes; slowly.  Taking every part of them in, not rushing through.  Good books I could read a dozen times and not tire of the language or the eloquence. 

I like to buy books, because I like to highlight as I read through a second and a third time.  I like to highlight lines and phrases that touch me so deeply, I can't even put into words how they make me feel.

I love my television stories for the same reasons, especially the ones with story arcs that go on for seasons, so you have to watch from the beginning to completely understand everything.  Supernatural, Dexter, Veronica Mars, Fringe.  I love the stories that could be real people who lived down the street from me, I love the stories that never in a million years could be real, but that doesn't stop me from loving the characters.

I also love to sleep.  Sleep generally makes me feel better about any situation.  Cooking and eating.  Also laughing with friends, my friends and I can take any situation and create a way to make it funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment