Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Goals 2012 - Review

- lose 5 pounds.  Just over a pound a week.
WIN! Stepping on the scale this morning, I have lost TWELVE!

- keep a food diary.
WIN! My Fitness Pal has been my best friend this month.  Only a handful of days I didn't record.

- start lifting weights again, goal for the month: lift 10 times.
WIN! Ten exactly.

- early morning/evening walks, at least half an hour, three times a week. 
WIN!  I did myself one better and I started the couch to 5k running program.  I completed Week 5 Day 1 today.

- not settle for anything less than being adored.
WIN! Other than a few select people who shall remain nameless who I managed to piss off/step on toes this month, I think I've been pretty well liked.

- get more sleep.  I've been living on around 6 hours a night during the week for the last month and a half, and I would like to start getting a solid 8 again.
Half WIN!  I still stay up too late on the weekends, but during the week I have been averaging no less than 7 and a half hours a night.

- read one book start to finish.
I am 2/3 of the way done with The Help.  Do you see how busy I've been?!

- get a pedicure.
Fail.  Planned to last Friday, but a friend's birthday party bash got in the way.

- go to the gym 15 times.
WIN!  As of today, 21 times.

- take new body measurements.
WIN!  Since the start of this journey two and a half years ago, I have lost an inch around my neck, 3 inches around my bust, 5 inches on my waist, 3 inches on my hips, SIX inches off my thighs, and one inch around my bicep (not flexed).  Perhaps after another ten pounds and I will post some before and after photos.  They're scary.

- take myself to a movie.  enjoy my own company, and treat myself to a huge bowl of popcorn.
Fail.  Didn't do this.  But I did sit on a couch, cuddled up with D who was in and out of sleep and watched Fast 5.  The Rock is HUGE in that movie!

- Let what will be, be.  Smile, laugh, and be nothing other than myself.
WIN!  I have calmed my mind a LOT this month.  I have let go of a lot of the worry that normally plagues me, and I have tried really hard (and most of the time succeeded) in living in the here and now, instead of in the "what if"s or the "could have, would have, should have"s.  I am also reaping the benefits of this mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment