Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Goals - Review


April 2011

- go to the gym 15 times. 
FAIL.  I went 11 times.  However, I walked for over an hour four times with my mother, and I spent two full days in Vegas walking the strip pretty much for 12 hours at a time.

- do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred once a week.
FAIL.  Didn't even manage to do it once.

- buy one pair of heels, two pairs of jeans, and two very cute shirts for my trip to Las Vegas on the 15th.
WIN!  Bought two new pairs of jeans FOUR SIZES smaller than the pair I had been wearing.  I bought three VERY cute shirts to wear in Vegas, and I have also worn them around town here too.  Did not buy new heels as I couldn't find ANY that I liked.  I cook a cute pair of stand-bys that I had laying around.

- lose 5 lbs. 
FAIL.  Thought I'm honestly not too down on myself because of this one.  I lost two pound initially at the beginning of the month, then I went to Vegas.  I ate crap for three days straight, drank alcohol by the bucket load, and had an EXTREME allergic reaction after eating at a sushi restaurant.  Upon returning from my trip, I was carrying an extra 12 lbs in water weight.  Over the last two weeks, I have managed to get back down to my starting weight.  Something to work toward for next month.

- continue to have one night a week devoted to entertainment other than T.V.
WIN!  This is hard for us to schedule, but in the last month, we've been able to do this one, sometimes two nights a week.

- FINISH Eat, Pray, Love, and start and finish one more book that is NOT in relation to anything I'm reading to Aiden.
WIN!  Finished Eat, Pray, Love in the Denver airport on my way to Vegas.  Loved the movie, the book, however, left a lot to be desired, though I have to say even if it was slow, it was inspiring.  I also read My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler, and I'm currently in the middle of Are You There Vodka, It's Me, Chelsea by her as well. 

- find a way to let go. 
I'm counting this one as a progressing WIN!  I still have a long way to go, but I'm able to walk through a lot of my days without my heart aching.  I have gone on a couple of dates, with a couple of different men, and I'm in pretty regular contact with one of them.  Letting go is always easier when you have someone to help you through it.

- clean my closet.
WIN!  It's not as de-cluttered as I want it to be, but I am able to actually walk into it now.

- blog at least three times a week.
FAIL!  this has been a terribly busy month, thought that's no excuse.  Finding some of myself has taken more effort away from my computer than I realized it would.

- have an AMAZING time in Vegas for three days with my sister and her friends.
WIN!  Though it had it's ups and downs, this trip was monumentally successful.  I miss my sister so much sometimes, and she and I rarely get long periods of time with JUST the two of us.  I want to be able to do this more often. 

- find a way to find myself, again. 
Progressing.  With spring here, I feel the need to renovate myself.  I need to de-clutter my life and my own head.  I am a lot better off than I was only a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment