Sunday, May 1, 2011
May Goals 2011
- go to the gym 12 times. This is down 3 times from last month, simply because my family is taking a long vacation at the end of the month, and I'm going to have to cram those 12 workouts into 20 days. This is doable, but will essentially be a challenge.
- do Jillian Michael's 30 day shred once a week. Enough excuses on this one. I'm DOING it.
- lose 5 pounds. This will be the five pounds I was supposed to lose last month, but instead decided to eat like crap and drink like a fish. Just over a pound a week.
- drink less soda. I've really cut back on my pop consumption in the last month or so, and completely unintentionally. I ran out one day and haven't bought any since. Not for home, anyway. I'd like to continue to do less than a soda a week.
- meditate for 5 minutes, three times a week. And I use the term meditate loosely because I don't know if what I do constitutes as such, but it makes me feel better, and it really helps me get my thoughts into order.
- spend more time outside. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL. I get done work work and the gym and all I seem to want to do is curl up on the couch. This must end.
- attempt not to cling so tightly to people who I am either
A. just getting to know
B. have been in my life for such a long time that they're not going ANYWHERE no matter how hard I push them. Change is hard for me, and I start questioning anything and everything around me when it's completely beyond my control.
- start and finish one book.
- deep clean and de-clutter the kitchen. I'm tired of the hoarding, it needs to stop. Compulsive cleaning and getting rid of the crap we don't need is high on my to-do list for the summer.
- try REALLY hard not to kill the beautiful flowers Aiden picked out and planted for me for my birthday.