Friday, December 30, 2011
December Goals - Review
- go to the gym 12 times.
If I get the chance to go tomorrow (fingers crossed) that will make 13 times this month. I haven't been since last Thursday, though, since Aiden has been out of school. I could have TOTALLY made my usual 15!
- maintain my weight.
Scale as of this morning was one pound more than what I have written down for the beginning of the month. With all of the alcohol and food consumed, that's pretty damn good!
- cook at least TWO new meals, and document.
If by meals I meant Christmas goodies, then yes, yes I did! I made oreo balls, and nutella cookies, and pumpkin rolls, and butterscotch haystacks :) I made one new meal, a ground turkey sloppy joe. Hamburger is still better.
- do the 30 day shred, or any other Jillian the Devil video once a week.
- continue to let go of the negative.
This one is a WIN. I've been extremely level headed, not too exceptionally moody, and able to see a lot of things clearly for the first time in a long time. It's been a good month.
- keep the apartment at an acceptable level of clean.
Other than a couple of days when I was cooking in large quantities, I think I've been really good at cleaning this month.
- go through, sort out, donate/give away clothes that Aiden no longer fits into.
They are sorted and boxed, but not yet donated.
- lotion. Everyday.
WIN! Softest skin OF MY LIFE!
- finish the book I'm currently reading.
FAIL. still trucking through it though.
- finish one piece of art that has been started and set aside for an indeterminate amount of time.
FAIL on my own art. I did, however, transfer from video tape to DVD my father's old videos from his children's theater.
- drink more WATER.
WIN! I pee all the time.
- take myself to a movie, any movie. eat a bag of popcorn with butter, drink a soda, and enjoy my own company for a few hours.
Had planned on going to see the remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tonight, but I've been sick the last few days and a night at home was beckoning.
- don't allow anyone to treat me like I deserve less. Don't let anyone try to sell me short on what I really want and really deserve. I am NO ONE'S second best.
Some things in the last week or so have gotten messy and confusing. I am, probably for the first time in my life, doing what I want to do. Not what I think my parents would be okay with, not what the logical choice is, but what *I* want. It's my life.