Monday, August 1, 2011
July Goals - Review
- go the gym 15 times.
I went 14 times.
- lose 5 lbs.
I lost 6.
- start and finish TWO books.
Started and finished Catching Fire, started and am halfway through Mockingjay.
- go for evening walks at the track at least three days a week.
other than one week where it was over 110 degree heat index all week, I managed to do three times a week. Last week I only did two. I've been making time to visit my boyfriend and the one thing that could be cut without any real significant upheaval was the walking.
- do the 30 day shred once a week.
Monumental FAIL. Didn't do this once.
- breathe deeply.
There have been a couple of rough patches where my patience has been tested, but I have managed to power through it.
- write, then throw away/save to a file on my computer some strongly worded letters to a few people in which I will NEVER send. This is the important part. NEVER SEND!
Wrote them in my journal, tore them out, tore them up, and threw them away. Very therapeutic, and step one in trying to forgive the past.
- call my sister more often.
I am going to count this one as a win. Didn't talk to her as often as I would have liked, but talked to her more than usual.
- try to cook one new thing each week, and document.
Half win. I did manage to cook something new each week, but I didn't document. Food doesn't stay around me intact very often.
week 1: rice and black beans fried rice.
week 2: pesto chicken stuffed shells.
week 3: quinoa and black beans and tomatoes
week 4: Brazilian lemonade (which was REALLY good with some coconut rum mixed into it), and tortellini pasta salad.
I apologize for being late on goal posting this month, I'll hopefully get this month's goals up by tomorrow.