Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year - plans for the new me 2017


Over the last four years, I have managed to pick my life back up, dust it off, and find a very happy-ish place in the universe.  I have changed jobs twice after getting a new one in January 2013, and where I ended up is where I am planning to remain for a long time.  I have gone back to, and am nearly done with school, and even though it feels so far away, and so much in front of me to still do before I am done, I am SO CLOSE.

In the last four years, I have also managed to lose a little bit of myself that I was very proud of, and that was the active and healthy life I had been leading prior to my world falling apart.

So, here we go, back to making goals and lists, back to taking it one step at a time.

Goals - 2017

Read - 2 books a month.  Even if they're for school, even if they are YA and brainless.

Write - of course this blog, but I would also like to get in the habit of writing prose again.  I have so many stories to tell.

Exercise - Three times a week at the gym, minimum, unless I'm being active outside.  I am NOT too fat to go to the gym, and I need to stop telling myself this.  Ideally, I would like to do an hour of cardio three times a week, and two days of lifting.  I just want to set my goal as something I can grown on.

Eat better - Stay away from soda, cook more meals at home, pay more attention to what I am putting into my body and in what proportions.  I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.

Lose weight - I am setting the bar low, 50 pounds.  This is a little under a pound a week, allows for weeks where I totally screw up and feel sorry for myself.  This is achievable, and in the healthy way.

Graduate College - I'm putting this here, because I'm scared that at the last minute, I am going to give up and walk away like I seem to do everything else.  I have two more classes.  TWO.  I need to do this.

Buy a home - being approved to do my sweat equity hours in order for approval for a Habitat for Humanity house is one of the biggest things to ever happen to me.  The hope is that by this time next year, Aiden and I will be in our new house, having completed 400 hours toward it, and it will be mine.

Become more active in local political activities - I am going to be so busy this year that I will barely be able to see straight, but I do want to become more active in the things that matter to me.

Continue and grow the breastfeeding support group - the best thing I have done over the last year, by far, is starting a local breastfeeding support group.  It doesn't earn me any money, it takes a big chunk of my time both online and off, but it has been something that motivates me to keep going.  I would like to see that grow.


These are the big ones.  Tomorrow, I will try to get January's goals typed up.  I would like each month to be more specified on what exactly I would like to accomplish, and how I'm working toward these larger goals, with some smaller self improvement things thrown in as well.

Wishing everyone a beautiful and peaceful New Year!

xoxo
-Sadie


No comments:

Post a Comment