Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Goals 2012 - Review

- lose 5 pounds.  Just a little over a pound a week.
WIN! I thought this one was going to be a bust, but stepping on the scale this afternoon, I am 5.6 pounds less than I was at the 1st of this month :)

- go to the gym 15 times.
made it 13 times.  I was sick the majority of last week, and even though I wasn't at the gym, I ran at least one day every weekend this month.

- finish the book I'm reading, start and finish another book.
FAIL!  I finished the book I was reading, and started two others, which I am only 1/4 through both. 

- finish ONE of the many unfinished art pieces I have laying around the apartment.
FAIL!  In looking through what I have started but never finished, I realized that I'm a nearly different person than the one who started those.  I would eventually like to finish them, but I have bigger and better ideas to spend my time on.

- finish couch to 5k.  continue running.
I repeated week 5 and week 6.  It's been too cold/windy to run outside, and I hate running for extended periods on the treadmill, so I've been slacking.  I can, however, run at 6 mph for 10 minutes straight without dying.

- continue lifting weights.  goal, 10 times this month.
I lifted 8 times.  This would have been 10 had I lifted at all last week, which I didn't.  I did do a week of 30 situps/pushups every day, though.

- finish reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone with Aiden.
FAIL!  He's been reading to me :)

- start looking for (and hopefully FIND) a new car.
Started looking.  Have a good idea of what I want, now I just have to find something in my budget that is close by.

- dream big.  act on it.
:)  I attended a quarterly Nebraska Breastfeeding Coalition meeting via teleconference a few weeks ago.  I felt my dreams sliding into place.  I have registered for a course study, so fingers crossed that I'm accepted.

- get a pedicure.
WIN!  Aiden and I went together, the day of the first huge blizzard of the season.

- declutter the bathroom.
WIN!  I also did a thorough scrubbing.

- one day at a time, one hour at a time, continue to remind myself how much I am loved.
I will admit that there are still days that I struggle with this, but they are fewer than the days where I am in love with life, and myself.  I pat myself on the back, I dance in the bathroom, I sing in the shower, and I am genuinely proud of myself.  Is it conceited to admit that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment