Saturday, March 31, 2012
March Goals 2012 : Review
- lose 5 pounds.
FAIL. I lost three. As I get lower, the lbs seem to be coming off slower, but I am noticing a change in inches. Which is good.
- go to the gym 15 times.
WIN! Went 15 times! Would have been a couple more, but I was sick the beginning of this week, and pretty much slept the entire time I wasn't at work.
- lift weights. twice a week- minimum.
WIN! Also except for this week, I only lifted once.
- go through clothes, again. give away, donate, or sell.
FAIL! Didn't even attempt this.
- BUY A CAR.
Total and complete WIN! Bought a 2003 Mazda Protege 5. I am IN LOVE with it. It suits me.
- finish one of the books I've started.
WIN! I finished Skylight Confessions, and I'm nearly done with The Tenth Circle.
- one night a week, no television.
WIN! This was something we didn't even consciously do, but Aiden had diving lessons twice a week, and that helped.
- take myself to a movie, eat a big bowl of buttery popcorn.
FAIL! I was going to go to The Hunger Games, but haven't gotten around to it, yet. Tancy and I are going on Monday.
- START a new art project.
I'm not going to give this a win or fail. I didn't do anything on canvas, or paper, but I did a LOT of cooking.
- sing. loudly. unabashedly. proudly.
WIN! New car and sterio system that bumps, not to mention the boyfriend's late V-day present was a Griffin iPod adapter for the radio. I sang a lot of chick music.
- call my sister more often.
FAIL! I'm a terrible big sister.
- cook at least one new meal a week.
WIN! I made pizza puffs, drunken noodles, overnight blueberry french toast, sticky buns, pepperoni rollups, and a reese's peanut butter cup pie.
- write. about anything. about everything.
I wrote a lot of things in my head, though didn't get a chance to get them down on the computer, or paper. I may post something else tonight, though.
- FINISH couch to 5k. continue running.
Week 6 and 7 proved more difficult than I had anticipated, so I did them both twice, have one more week to go.
- buy a full length mirror.
FAIL! Gah! I sucked this month. Next trip to Wal-mart (and I went probably twice a week all month long...) and I WILL buy one!
- keep calm, love myself and others unconditionally. smile more. question motives less. LIVE.
Week by week, day by day, situation by situation. I have my good days, and I have my bad. I have managed to remain calm and not act like a 14 year old girl in most situations, I have loved more than I have not, I have smiled more than I have frowned, and I have accepted things as they have come, good and bad.
Hi, my name is Sadie, and I'm GROWING ;)